University of Toronto Latest Updates
- 2 November 2021: Application Process (Fall Intake) for M.Sc Computer Science is Scheduled to Conclude on December 1, 2021. Read More
- 2 November 2021: U of T MBA Admission 2021: Round-1 Registration Process to End on January 10, 2022. Check Details
The University of Toronto (U of T), Canada is a global leader in higher education and research and is a highly recognized public university in Toronto. This multi-campus university (St. George, Mississauga, Scarborough) offers education to over 93,000 students with over 23,000 international students. With more than 980 programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, U of T offers a plethora of courses in an extensive range of disciplines.
For those of you looking forward to getting admissions with UToronto, note that IELTS score requirement to get into bachelor’s courses is 6.5 or more and for master’s courses at UToronto is 7.0 or more. Test scores of GRE/GMAT are mandatory for admission to popular master’s courses like MBA at UToronto, MSc Computer Science, M.Fin, MiM, etc.
Powered by the ideas, actions, and innovations of over 560,000 graduates, the university continues to leave a positive impact on the world. This also results in recognition of UToronto #28th position for Global Impact Rankings by THE. The university also ranks #16 for its graduate employability as per QS rankings (2020). Graduates of the university are known to be offered high-paying jobs in Canada.
Covid Information : Those who wish to study at the University of Toronto must note that in-person classes have been canceled across the campuses and non-essential visits to the university are discouraged. Additionally, the university-sponsored learning programs abroad have also been canceled in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Find relevant COVID updates, here!
Choosing between these two education brands depends highly on the choice of program of the student.
- MIT can be an obvious choice for an IT aspirant as university ranks better for its Engineering programs.
- Harvard ranks better Medicine and Psychology programs.
- Scores for standardized exams to study in USA for both the universities are equally competitive.
- Harvard relatively has a lower tuition fee (3700 USD less).
- Harvard offers a bigger library collection.
- MIT ranks better globally across three ranking agencies- QS, THE and USNews
- MIT has a higher acceptance rate.
- Placement package offered is slightly better at MIT.
- Where an engineering aspirant should preferably opt for MIT for an outstanding reputation of its engineering programs, aspirants of biomedical, medicine, accounting & finance, and psychology fields must choose Harvard.
The availability of over 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate courses at the University of Toronto, through disciplines spanning medicine, education, business, engineering, humanities, and more ensures, that students looking for a program find their best fit easily. These are organized into 20 faculties and divisions for the systematic delivery of the programs. Some of the faculties/courses at U of T recognized globally are oncology, clinical medicine, psychology, arts & humanities, computer system and information, and nursing.
- First-entry Courses : Arts & Science, Architecture, Applied Science & Engineering, Education, Kinesiology & Physical, Music, and Transitional-Year Program
- Second-entry Courses : Pharmacy, Education, Nursing, Dentistry, Law, and Medicine.
U of T offers over 280 graduate programs including 60+ professional graduate programs and 76 combined programs that consist of professional master’s components. The university also offers more than 40 collaborative programs and three diploma programs.
Through its groundbreaking research in stem cell, the discovery of insulin and electron microscope, the University of Toronto has not only placed itself among the world’s most prestigious research-intensive universities but is also currently ranked #34 for Impact Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education. This Canadian university has also been ranked among the global top 30 higher study institutes for decades by prominent ranking agencies such as Times Higher Education (THE), QS Rankings, Shanghai Ranking Consultancy, etc.
University of Toronto Admission Process :
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the admissions and enrollments process for the University of Toronto are not affected largely. Slight changes may be observed in the deadlines and documents required based on the impact of coronavirus.